Meet Nate Mancuso
Attorney Nate Mancuso specializes in bankruptcy (business and consumer) and commercial litigation, with active cases in both Florida and New York state and federal courts.
Prior to opening his own firm, Nate practiced at two large Florida law firms and served as a law clerk to a federal judge. Nate graduated law school cum laude (top 15%) and served as executive editor of the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review.
Nate is also an active member, contributor, editor and pro bono legal counsel to an independent press publishing literature on a wide array of social and political themes.
St. John’s School of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
- Cum Laude Honors Graduate
- Dean’s List
- Merit Scholarship
- ABI Law Review, Executive Articles Editor
- Class Standing: Top 15%
Fordham University, B.A.
- Dean’s List
- Full-Tuition Merit Scholarship
- Varsity Football
- Represented “green energy” biofuels public company in successful chapter 11 reorganization in which stockholders retained equity under confirmed chapter 11 plan.
- Represented specialty furniture manufacturer, importer and distributor in successful chapter 11 reorganization resulting in confirmed chapter 11 plan.
- Served as special litigation counsel to liquidating trustee under confirmed chapter 11 bankruptcy plan to investigate and prosecute fraudulent transfer and state law claims valued at more than $20 million.
- Represented NYC private hedge fund in out-of-court restructuring of large public energy company.
- Represented investor group in federal SIPA proceeding resulting from largest “ponzi scheme” in history.
- Represented group of 13 petitioning creditors in involuntary bankruptcy of public biotechnology company.
- Represented federal court-appointed receiver in FTC enforcement action.
- Represented federal court-appointed receiver in SEC enforcement action and securities class action litigation.
- Represented private equity group in proposing and confirming chapter 11 reorganization plan for international web hosting company resulting in successful emergence from chapter 11; curently representing chapter 11 reorganized debtor.
- Represented fresh produce import-export company as debtor in chapter 11 bankruptcy, out-of-court debt restructuring and federal PACA litigation.
- Represented chapter 11 trustee in U.S. bankruptcy of largest public company in Belgium, involving extensive litigation and international insolvency issues.
- Represented mezzanine lender in chapter 11 bankruptcy of condominium conversion project resulting in confirmation of lender’s chapter 11 plan and acquisition of property.
- Represented senior secured lender in chapter 11 bankruptcy of Florida casino cruise business, resulting in appointment of chapter 11 trustee, successful 363 sale of business and confirmation of lender’s chapter 11 reorganization plan.
- Represented creditors’ committee in chapter 11 bankruptcy case of aircraft parts manufacturer-distributor, resulting in 100% payment of unsecured claims.
- Represented chapter 11 trustee in bankruptcy proceeding of international charter airline, resulting in confirmation of chapter 11 reorganization plan and succcessful emergence from chapter 11.
- Represented chapter 11 debtor in diagnostic imaging business, resulting in successful 363 sale and confirmation of chapter 11 plan.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee for $10 billion Florida banking institution, resulting in successful litigation recovery and 100% payment of unsecured claims.
- Represented secured lender in chapter 11 bankruptcy of Disney-area hotel, resulting in confirmation of lender’s competing chapter 11 plan.
- Represented creditors’ committee in chapter 11 bankruptcy of large Florida healthcare provider, resulting in successful multi-million dollar settlement with company’s largest vendor and 90% payout to unsecured creditors under confirmed chapter 11 plan.
- New York Bar (admitted 1998)
- Florida Bar (admitted 1999)
- Federal Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Selected Top “Up and Comer” by South Florida Legal Guide
- In re SunCruz Casinos, LLC, 298. B.R. 821 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2003)
- In re SunCruz Casinos, LLC, 298. B.R. 833 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2003)
- In re SunCruz Casinos, LLC, 342 B.R. 370 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2006)
- In re Pan American Hospital Corp., 364 B.R. 839 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2007)
- In re John’s Bean Farm of Homestead, Inc., 378 B.R. 385 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2007)
- In re Falcon Air Express, Inc., 2007 WL 1376286 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2007)
- In re Vision Development Group, LLC, 2008 WL 2676827 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2008)
- In re Patriot Aviation Services, Inc., 396 B.R. 780 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2008)
- Meecorp Capital Markets, LLC v. Ocean Bank, 2008 WL 1847700 (S.D. Fla. 2008)
- In re Matthew J. Whitehead, III, 399 B.R. 570 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2009)
- Duke, Holzman LLP v. Cosentino, 2009 WL 57574 (W.D.N.Y. 2009)
- GE Capital Franchise Finance Corp. v. Cosentino, 2009 WL 1812821 (W.D.N.Y. 2009)